Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Blog's Maiden Voyage

Words have lost all meaning. I haven't used an online journal since my self-indulgent days of sharing my high school hopes, dreams, and general grievances on my beloved xanga (God rest 'em). I don't really know what to say, and that bothers me. Is it better for me to boast about every... oh damn, I almost forgot to renew my library book! The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. My dear friend and part-time wife Theresa recommended it to me last month (you will come to know Theresa, as she will make several appearances at the Jammery in future posts). I'm really glad I picked up this book because I never read it as a child, and I don't think I would have appreciated the witty banter and generous use of puns. What can I say, at twenty-three I have acquired a highly sophisticated taste for literature. I have an impressive library of books. All of them are classics. Many of them have been adapted to film. Many of them have never been opened! Hey man, time is money. My clients (well, Jillian anyway) aren't paying me to sit in my bathtub reading and annotating Pride and Prejudice. I'm going to watch it. Oh no, I'm not going to watch the BBC mini-series starring King Colin. I'm going to watch that shortened 2005 version. You know, the one they play on the E channel all the time. Yeah, that's the one! Watching gratuitously abridged, cinematic adaptations of literary masterpieces leaves me with ample time in my day to work on my designs. And I can catch the trickle of refined culture and eloquence from my high-brow taste in film... or is it literature? It's a win-win situation. This is how I manage my time. This is how I develop my stunning personality and winning charm. This is how I have become the Dos-Equis man.

To bring this thought full-circle, I now realize that I do indeed have much to say. I have very many thoughts about nothing and very much to say about anything pertaining to nothing, which is what you will come to expect whenever you visit the Chez Sheah Design Jammery: serving you delicious designs and hearty helpings of zero-calorie thoughts and half-baked ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment