Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Character Development

Greetings all!

I come bearing a new shipment of jams for this week. We've been without jam since March 31st. That is unacceptable! What would Tyra say about this? (probably that he expected my jam business to fail anyway so this is no surprise).

"Gaga Monster"
Woman on UT Campus
Rabid Bunny

I return from the weekend with renewed energy and inspiration though. I finally got to see the Kills in concert. I am writhing like a heathen to their new album Blood Pressures. I highly recommend them, especially after having a religious experience in the front row that night. I was losing my mind, losing my dignity, and losing my panties. Jamie Hince... feel free to punch me in the ovaries. Alison Mosshart... sh*t on my chest!

In my last Illustration Techniques class, Melissa assigned us a character development exercise. We were assigned to develop characters depicting various emotions. Here are a few of my favoritesI used a new "scribble" method that I learned from Melissa last class. The entire illustration is based on making a scribble, and I pick lines from the scribble to create the basic shapes of the form. I really like this way of creating new characters. Creating order out of chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment