Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Where should you put a tampon?

In your armpit, of course! Last night I returned home from school in the wee hours of 9:30pm. My roommate Steve (you too will come to know Steve, for he too will make many appearances at the Jammery... at least until May 2011) was asleep in his room. I shut myself in my room and went about my work quietly. And by "work," I mean I watched RuPaul's Drag Race with my headphones on. See, I am such a considerate roommate, but I digress. Shortly afterward, Steve knocks on my door. And to what do I owe this dubious pleasure? He proceeds to show me a wound he sustained from the university clinic... in his armpit, the most glamorous physiognomy of the human anatomy. I will spare you the literally juicy details and suffice to say the "doctor" at the clinic cut out a cyst that had grown in his armpit. The "doctor" then inserted what I can only describe as some sort of fibrous, absorbent material into his armpit to absorb any infectious "liquids." A string dangled from the outside of the wound allowing him to remove said fibrous, absorbent material the following day. Basically, he had a tampon hanging out of his armpit. Returning to my initial question of, "And to what do I owe this dubious pleasure?" Steve answers my mental question with another question.

"How do you take out a tampon?"

Ah, the things you learn in college. I leave you today with a poster that I made saluting feminine hygiene.
I know, the typography needs work.

No comments:

Post a Comment